An exceptional cuisine
The vegetable garden
On the hill facing Lake Geneva and the Jura, just below the restaurant, is a small vegetable garden. In this unusual haven of peace, the Chefs cultivate beautiful tomatoes, tasty organic salads and all the herbs that refine the cuisine of the Auberge du Lion d’Or during the summer season.
In an effort to offer freshness and irreproachable quality throughout the year, the Chefs also call on the market gardeners of the region, ensuring that they always work with respect for nature. The same care applies to the selection of fishing products and farms that are always labeled eco-responsible.
An inconic restaurant full of history
It was in 1951 that the municipality of Cologny officially acquired the inn, which 10 years later was handed over to Jacques Lacombe. The latter, surrounded by an exceptional brigade composed, among others, of Louis Pelletier, Daniel Fisht and Jean-Paul Goddard, transformed the restaurant into an essential gastronomic destination, and in 1972 received the “golden key” from Gault. and Millau for having obtained the highest rating of the restaurants visited in Geneva and Lausanne. On this momentum, he quickly obtained two stars in the Michelin Guide, thus ensuring the Lion d’Or its place among the greatest restaurants in the Lake Geneva region. The story does not end there. In 1996, Michelin-starred Chefs Gilles Dupont and Thomas Byrne prepared to write a new chapter for this renowned establishment. Combining their origins in their cuisine, they will constantly take the Auberge du Lion d’Or ever higher and make it a reference within the largest institutions such as Relais & Châteaux.